Backbone.sync & drupalFormWidget are "done". Massive technical debt clean-up, added docs.
Backbone.sync implementations are now close to as clean as they will get (and have ample explanatory docs). drupalFormWidget has also been completely revamped and is pretty clean.
- Zero remaining references to $field! :) Almost no remaining references to $editable.
- Step one in getting rid of the edit_id: where it was necessary for form/AJAX handling, it is now called propertyID (originally, an edit_id could be for an entity or a field/property, but it's been solely for fields/properties for a long time now). I effectively got rid of all "edit_id" references in the JS :)
- Drupal.edit.form.create() was originally for creating the form container for type=form, but today it's being used for form *loading*. Thus renamed to Drupal.edit.form.load().
- Drupal.edit.form._setupAjaxForm() is now called Drupal.edit.form.ajaxifySaving().
- There is now an equivalent for cleaning up : Drupal.edit.form.unajaxifySaving() — this means no more scattered around "delete Drupal.ajax[base]" calls.
- Got rid of Drupal.edit.form.get() and Drupal.edit.form._id().
- drupalFormWidget now has a _formContainerID() method, similar to the late Drupal.edit.form._id().
- ui-editables.js now only contains 3 Drupal.edit.form.* methods; I will either rename the file or move the code elsewhere.