With Drupal 8 you can deploy a configuration from one environment to another. This capability replaces the need for various contributed modules such as Features, Strongarm and Context.
You can manage configurations in your site via Menu > Configuration > Development > Synchronize configuration (http://www.example.com/admin/config/development/sync)
Configuration files can be found in the site's active config store (this will be
XXXX is a hash). Inside there you'll find the yaml files (.yml) for the current configuration of your site.
Here is a simple example that demonstrates how the site name can be configured in one environment and then deployed to another environment.
- Install two instances of Drupal 8 (origin and destination).
- Change the origin site name in admin/config/system/site-information
- Copy system.site.yml from the origin site directory /sites/default/files/config_*/active to the destination site directory /sites/default/files/config_*/staging. (This can be done manually or via git).
- In the destination site, ensure that the Configuration Manager module is active in admin/modules
- In the destination site, navigate to admin/config/development/sync and click Import all