The Five Star voting module adds a clean, attractive voting widget to nodes. It features:
- jQuery rollover effects and AJAX no-reload voting
- Customizable star sets
- Per-nodetype configurability
- Support for anonymous voters
- Spam protection to keep users from filling your DB with bogus votes
- Easy-to-use integration with Views module for lists sorted by rating, or filtered by min/max ratings
- A Fivestar CCK field for use in custom node types
- An easy-to-use Form API element type for use in other modules
Fivestar was designed by Nate Haug and Jeff Eaton.
This Module Made by Robots: http://www.lullabot.com
If configuring Views containing Fivestar widgets, Lullabot has a helpful videocast on creating Fivestar-based views.
Installing the Five Star voting module is simple:
- Copy the fivestar folder to the modules folder in your installation.
- Enable the module using Administer -> Modules (/admin/build/modules)
Note: Aggressive caching will complain that fivestar doesn't work, but it actually causes no problems. To improve performance, the module implements
hook_init() -- and the caching advisor screen uses that as the only metric to determine whether a module will work with the caching system. Activate it without fear, friends -- Fivestar will continue to hum happily along.
Have a sweet set of stars you'd like to contribute to the Fivestar module?
Post them to the Fivestar issue queue: http://drupal.org/project/issues/fivestar
If you experience a problem with fivestar or have a problem, file a
request or issue on the fivestar queue at
http://drupal.org/project/issues/fivestar. DO NOT POST IN THE FORUMS. Posting in the issue queues is a direct line of communication with the module authors.