The Listhandler module allows you to connect mailing lists to forums and vice versa.
It works in conjunction with the Mailhandler module. Mailhandler receives an email and then asks Listhandler if the received email is part of a list. If the email is from a mailing list associated with a forum on your site then Listhandler adds the received email to the forum.
Additionally Listhandler will take every post to a forum and, as long as that forum is associated with a mailing list, post the message to it. Checks are made to ensure that a continuous cycle of emails and posts aren't generated.
Mailhandler and Listhandler can deal with attachments in emails and in forum posts.
The Listhandler administration page allows you to set an 'anonymous user' email address and configure the mailing list attributes.
- administer listhandler: Administer > Content management > Listhandler.
- administer mailhandler: Administer > Content management > Mailhandler to create a mailbox which Listhandler can work with.
- administer forums: administer > Content management > forums.
- view the Listhandler project page.
- view the Listhandler issue queue.