The component modules of station are:
- station.module - the core of the station module. Required by all the other modules.
- station_program.module - provides a content type for program nodes.
- station_schedule.module - allows a weekly schedule of programs and a block that displays the currently playing program, and adds a list of DJs to program nodes. Requires the views module.
- station_catalog.module - track albums in a radio station's library.
- station_playlist.module - provides a program playlist node type..
- station_archive.module - provides a script to rip hour long mp3s and then imports the files as audio nodes. Requires the audio module, views module, and StreamRipper executable.
Station Schedule Module
The station schedule module provides:
- A weekly schedule of timeslots for a radio station. Slots can be 1 hour, 30 minutes, or 15 minutes.
- A Program node that is placed into one or more of the schedule slots.
- A "DJ" relation between Drupal users and the Program nodes.
- A Program Playlist node that allows DJs to create play lists detailing the music they played on a given date.
- An XML-RPC interface for remotely retrieving program information.
- Basic views support for the Program and Program Playlist nodes.
Station Archive Module
The station archive module provides a framework for keeping an archive of the station's webstream. It uses StreamRipper to connect to the webstream and save an hour-long MP3 of each show. The MP3s are then added to Drupal using the audio module. The archives audio nodes are managed using a taxonomy.
The modules are loosely coupled and designed to run on different machines i.e. schedule runs on your ISPs machine and archive runs on a network where bandwidth is cheap.
Once everything is installed you can:
- View the list of programs at station >> programs.
- View the list of playlists at station >> playlists.
- View the schedule at station >> schedule.
- Modify the schedule at admin >> content management >> schedule.
- Change the modules' settings at admin >> site configuration >> station.
- Submit issues, read about known bugs, and download the latest version on the Station project page.
The Station module adds a 'Station: Current Program' block!
Also, are the schedule blocks actual Drupal blocks?
If not, might want to call them 'slots' or something to avoid confusion.