The Volunteer module helps you organize people for events. There is a managed email correspondence with the volunteer, as well as the ability to rate their volunteer performance at the end. It allows admins to further designate users as volunteer coordinators who can be designated as the contact person for volunteers for an event.
This module now relies on the CiviCRM module to handle contact information for volunteers. The volunteer module is frequently used with the RSVP module to invite community members. The module allows for default settings, contact settings, message settings, and email settings.
- give at least one user role, volunteer coordinate and volunteer maintain permissions at administer >> access control.
- administer default, contact, message and email settings at administer >> settings >> volunteer
- create an event at create content >> event
- volunteer for an event by clicking on the volunteer link below an event.
- enable the calendar block for browsing events at administer >> block >> calendar for browing events.
- see events that may allow volunteering at events.
- rate volunteers for an event at events >> select an event >> volunteer admin >>
Volunteer Status >> select a volunteer >> Avg. rating.
- create a CiviCRM group for volunteers to be added to (when volunteering for an event) at CiviCRM >> Manage Groups >> New Group.
- create a CiviCRM profile for volunteers to register to (when volunteering for an event) at CiviCRM >> Administer CiviCRM >> CiviCRM Profile >> New CiviCRM Profile.
- select a CiviCRM group for volunteers to be added to (when volunteering for an event) at administer >> settings >> volunteer >> Contact Settings.
- select a CiviCRM profile form for volunteers to register to (when volunteering for an event) at administer >> settings >> volunteer >> Contact Settings.
- see a list of all contacts who have volunteered for events at CiviCRM >> Manage Groups >> select a group of volunteers >> Show Group Members.
- file issues, read about known bugs, and download the latest version on the Volunteer project page.