|Project:||Webform Alternate UI|
This module is still in development. As explained on the project page, several patches are still required in order for it to work at all. If you'd like to try it out, here are the instructions.
You'll first need to download the latest HEAD versions of this module and the modules it depends on (see the project page for further details).
You'll then need to apply the latest patches from the following issues (for convenience, links to the latest patch as of January 27 are included in parentheses).
- #976102: Drupal 7 version of Webform not updated for text format changes (http://drupal.org/files/issues/webform-text-formats-976102-10.patch)
- #1009240: Individual field inline-label support (http://drupal.org/files/issues/webform_title_display.patch)
For Form Builder
- #1010254: Update the theming of form_builder to D7 (http://drupal.org/files/issues/form-builder-theme-1010254-3.patch)
- #1010818: Drupal.formBuilder.clickField is fragile and could be improved (http://drupal.org/files/issues/form_builder_click.patch)
- #1010926: Improve AJAX form requests and submission (http://drupal.org/files/issues/form-builder-ajax-1010926-2.patch)
- #1011060: Dragging fields into fieldsets is wonky and need refinement (http://drupal.org/files/issues/form_builder_dragdrop.patch)
- #1019130: Form Builder AJAX system doesn't support Drupal.settings (http://drupal.org/files/issues/form-builder-render-json-1019130-3.patch)
- The patch attached to this comment #3 of this issue (http://drupal.org/files/issues/form-builder-js-extra-webform-alt-ui-2.patch) - we still need to review and break this one up into sensible chunks before it's ready to be posted as an issue in the Form Builder queue.
With those patches applied, it should be possible to successfully use the module to create webforms in a development (testing) environment.
Note that some things still aren't working totally correctly with the above patch set (fieldsets, for example, don't work at all), which means we are still missing some things in the list. But this should be enough to use the module and get a feel for it. (no longer an issue; see comment #3 below)