With the Twitter API v1 going away (see #1933164: Twitter API v1 is going away on May 7) Twitter Block 1.x will no longer function after June 11, 2013.
The initial release of Twitter Block 2.x which utilizes Embedded Timelines instead of the deprecated and soon to be shut-down Twitter API v1.
Unfortunately, due to a number of factors including:
- The embedded timelines API requires that each timeline have a unique ID. These IDs can only be generated by manually creating embedded timelines by visiting your widgets settings page on twitter.com.
- The "type" of Embedded Timeline is now tied to the Widget ID (it must be specified when creating a new Embedded Timline) and is not simply a parameter passed to the API.
- The Block module's lack of standard or update versions of functions to programatically create or update custom blocks.
- The fact that not even a single configuration option is shared between the old Twitter v1 search and REST APIs and the new Embedded Timelines API.
There is no way to provide an automatic upgrade path from Twitter Block 1.x.Read more
Initial release of Twitter Block 7.x-2.x.
WIth many, many thanks to @cweagans, we've fixed the forms, and addressed all of the following issues:
- 1264734 by DamienMcKenna: Use twitter RESTful API instead of twitter search for getTweetsFrom
- 1230334 by DamienMcKenna, Pedro Lozano: Provide a ctools content type.
- 1292552 by Devin Carlson: Link to the Twitter advanced search page.
- 1258524 by fakingfantastic: Use #description instead of #help
- 1282382 by jherencia: Add the 'group' key to the test definition array.
- 1211770: Rename the TwitterSearch class to TwitterBlockSearch.
- 1315004: Implement hook_requirements() so that curl is required.
- Fix ALL the forms!!!
- Remove period from UI strings.
- 1246018: Implement hook_theme() correctly.
A more stable release than the first alpha. Still needs work, but the primary functionality is here. I will not be rolling an rc until the admin pages are finished, documentation written, and simpletests are implemented.
For this release I've added the twitter user and avatar to the tweets, and tweaked the css a bit. Tthe output is still fully theme-able by overriding theme_twitter_block_tweets() and/or theme_twitter_block(). Also notable is the linkification from benjamin.wallberg and several bugfixes:
#1090202 Twitter_block_admin_form not blocks
#1043846 Remove access twitter block perm.
#1052570 Tweets are now filtered as expected.
#1049180 Add language selection to search builder. Includes additional validation too.
#1111738 Linkify tweets. Well done @benjamin.wallberg
#1096134 Gracefully handle Twitter API limit of 150 calls per client. Another great contribution from @benjamin.wallberg.
Initial tagged release for your enjoyment. Same code, still alpha, just available as a release.
This is the unstable release of the Twitter Block module. I do not recommend using this version on a production site. As implied by the -dev, this is my working head. The code probably works, but is rapidly changing especially while I am still actively developing new functionality.
If you choose to give this version a test run, please do report any problems or comments in the issue queue.
As always, I welcome input!