- Background information
- Required modules
- Optional rsources
- Donations Reporting
Many sites want to implement donation systems without the overhead of installing a cart based payment system. The Payment API provides a building block approach that allows payment forms and payment backends to work together.
(There is a screencast video of this documentation available - Quick and easy donations using the Payment API)
Authorize.net account - Before we add a payment method to our site, we will need to create an account at Authorize.net. You don't need an actual account, it's easy to set up a test account at http://developer.authorize.net/ This takes just a few minutes to create your account and receive an API Login ID and a Transaction Key. Once you have your account credentials, you can configure and test your installation.
- Download and install the modules.
- Under Site Building > modules, enable the Modules:
- In the Payment API section enable Authorize.net, Node Payments, and Pay.
- In the Payment forms section, enable Donate.
- Save the module configuration
- Create a payment method to use for your donations. Under Site Configuration > Payment settings > Add a payment method.
- Set your payment options, and save the payment method.
- Enable payments on donation forms. Under Site Configuration > Payment settings > Node Settings.
- Set Donations as an Available node payment form, and save the configuration.
- Create a donation form. Under Site building > Donations forms > Add a donation form. The payment method(s) that you installed are now available as options for your donation form.
- Save your donation form, and you are ready to accept donations. The donation form now appears on the site, ready to collect donations.
Payments history provides a detail listing of all donations received on the form.
- Under Reports > Payments.
Each donation form provides a summary of the total donations received through the form.
- Under Site building > Donations forms