Getting Started with Profile2
- Creating and Managing Profile Types - To get started with profile2 you will need to create a new profile type or manage the default one. This can be found at admin/structure/profiles
- Creating and Editing your Profile - By default profiles can be created and edited at user/uid/edit. There should be a secondary tab for each profile the user has access to.
- Private Fields - Private fields are only visible to the profile owner and administrators. Field privacy is managed through the check box at the bottom of field edit page (i.e. /admin/structure/profiles/manage/profile/fields/myfield).
- Profile Permissions - In order to make profiles creatable and visible to users you will have to manage the permissions for each profile type (located at /admin/people/permissions#module-profile2).
The profile pages module (included with profile2) allows for profiles to be managed outside of the normal user edit page. Instead of a tab on the user edit page, the profile view and edit pages will be located at /profile-profile_machine_name/[user id].
Link to profile page with views
- Add FIELDS "user uid" (The owner of the profile).Then check option "Exclude from display" in the field configuration window. Remember to put this field before any other field in FIELDS render, so that this token could be available for followed fields.
- Add another FIELD, e.g. "nickname" and make each user "nickname" linked to associated user profile.When configure this field "nickname", click REWRITE RESULTS and check option "Output this field as a link". Click REPLACEMENT PATTERNS to ensure token [user] is available for this field "nickname". Write profile-profile_machine_name/[user] (e.g. profile-main/[user]) for Link path.
- Save all configuration. Field "nickname" in views will be linked to each user profile page.
For views integration with multiple profile2 types
Visit this page http://drupal.org/node/1114454. Pay attention to entry # 72 and you should be home free.