Last updated May 8, 2012.
TortoiseGit is a Git application for TortoiseCVS users. Individuals migrating from TortoiseCVS to Git will be happy using TortoiseGit, almost all tasks are similiar in both applications.
Website : http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/
(Required for TortoiseGit to work: http://msysgit.github.com/)
Perhaps, TortoiseGit is the easiest Git for Windows. You can "Git" directly from a folder because TortoiseGit is integrated directly in Windows Explorer (this feature is called a "context-menu" in Windows terms).
- Icon Overlay: Status of all versioned files and folders is indicated by different icons directly. That way you can see right away your file and folder status!
- Integrates directly to Windows Explorer, you don't need to open any other UI.
- Very easy, all commands available on context-menu
- Commit + Push, after commit you can directly Push on the same Dialog Window
- Multi drives support: support Fixed, Removable and Network drive!