Last updated January 1, 2012.
This tutorial was tested on Windows 7. If you use Windows 2000 then install GDI+ first.
TortoiseGit installation procedure is simple. The only thing you must consider carefully is which SSH Client will be used. Follow these steps:
- Download TortoiseGit and double click the installation file, e.g.: Tortoisegit-22.214.171.124-32bit.msi, as shown below:
- Accept the license if you agree:
- Choose an SSH Client: For Windows, PuTTY is a good option
- Choose an installation folder. You can just use the default folder:
- Click the "Install" button to begin the installation process:
- Progress installation, you may click the "Donate!" button to donate to this great software:
- Installation is done:
Now you will see the power of TortoiseGit. Just right click on any folder or file and you will see "TortoiseGit" context-menu integrated to Windows!