First beta release of 3.x branch. Still not fully "production ready". Please test carefully and make backups.
#1175348 by crea: Node Comments doesn't react on user delete events
#1088106: workaround for db_affected_rows() bugs
#908258 by gaele: Views 3.x compatibility
#820236: warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in
#824308: nodecomments (with advanced forum) - wrong taxonomy call
#838152: add test for comment_upload before deleting
#848598: Nodecomments doesn't track changes to the node comment setting
#804912: Patch for nodecomment.install
#851824: Nodecomment types containing an underscore are not processed properly
Quick fix for the #819974: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare nodecomment_requirements()
#504876: Converting comments between core and nodecomment looses file attachments. Fails converting back to core.
#737570: Node_save() of a node with node comments sets the node's commenting settings to 'disabled'
#713662: Properly control access when trying to add a nodecomment
#799052: Node Comments module allows to set different comment type for a nodecomment, misinforming a user.
#702000: Comment links displayed on teaser and on node are inconsistent
#768470: Anonymous users can't subscribe to comments with Node comment notify
#711282: Editing a comment breaks threading!
#477016: Comment links should come before "Read more" link
#280308: doesn't store anonymous user name
#793614: Comment form validation.
#796180: Node comment titles reset on edit
#592564: nodecomment_page_count uses wrong SQL query.
#673538: php error: Wrong datatype when Body field is empty
#637366: Notify checkbox checked by default when user's settings is set to no notifications
#701970: Incorrect node comment statistics
#789304: Do not hardcode plural values for comment nodetype
Fixed #472892 by andrewlevine: Brining nodecommet in line with Drupal 6 core comments in their treatment of signatures (allowing signatures to be dynamic).
Changes since DRUPAL-6--2-0-BETA1:
This is a complete rewrite of nodecomment module:
1) Where the old nodecomment was incompatible with core comment.module, this one relies on comment.module.
2) Because of this, you can mix comments and nodecomments, though a given node type must use one or the other.
3) nodecomment is now an essential part of DruBB which is an attempt at providing a better forum experience.
4) node comment provides integration with Views and Panels giving you greater control over the look and feel of your comments.
5) Advanced Forum 2.x provides fluid integration with node comments.
6) Includes nodecomment_notify which uses comment_notify module to provide email notifications.
7) Provides a mechanism to convert comments to nodecomments and back. Please note that this may not work well with additional modules that add data to comments. It is known that comment_upload and this are not currently getting along well. It is recommended that you backup your database before trying such an endeavor.
This is the nightly dev release of the 2.x branch.
This version has been updated to work with Views RC4. see #314565: Update D6 branch to work with View2 RC3
Release candidate for Drupal 6.
This is a full upgrade based upon the DRUPAL-5--1-1 release.
New features include a views style plugin for showing threaded comments, and I guess the port counts as a feature ;)
Changes since DRUPAL-5--1-0:
- Correcting variable name. Drupal issue #171676.
- ran through coder and did a little cleanup
- fixing #171503. patch by tristan_roddis
- fixing #186319 patched by califken and modded by sirkitree
- fixing #188205 where views settings were hardcoded for paging and limits pointed out by panis
- fixing #234501. solution suggested by Summit
- adding form validation per issue #234501
#166985 by MichaelG: respect sticky settings in flat comments default view
#162537 by b3n: check proper realm on access check
Adding a --none-- option to the comment type select on content type config screen. Also fixed the 'Add new type' text to use the human readable name instead of the content type name
fix braindead table naming error from last commit and now add comment as a content type if it doesn't already exist.
adding a basic uninstall hook, though it should do more, ie clean up node and node_comment_statistic tables.
#159928 by sirkitree and add1sun: argument for sorting
- Threading. Sponsored by Ghostthinker GmbH http://www.ghostthinker.de
- #157946: Make default view show full nodes rather than teasers.
- Issue 124995: pass the node into the comment-wrapper theme function. Thanks, quicksketch
Alright, start testing!
Remember, you should disable comments.module and enable views.module.