This is a guide on using the galleryformatter module.
Work in progress. Please feel free to edit and contribute to this guide.
Required steps for use in Drupal 7:
- Install and enable the module
- The module does not have any Permissions to be set
- The module does not have any Configurations to be set
- Create or select an existing content type that will use the Gallery
- In this content type, create or select an Image type field. This field type is part of Drupal 7 core.
- Have the Image field accept multiple values (more than one image makes sense for a gallery)
- In the display settings (Under the MANAGE DISPLAY tab) for your content type, choose JQuery Gallery as the Format for your image field
- Click on the Settings (Gear) icon to configure the settings for the gallery there
- The settings should be quite self explanatory
- Save the configuration by clicking on the 1) Update button for the field and 2) The Save button at the bottom of the Manage Fields page. Changes do not take effect until both these buttons have been pressed.
Then when you create nodes of that type, and you upload several images to that field, the galleryformatter will display them as a jQuery gallery.
Using galleryformatter in views.
You can use the formatter in views, but keep in mind that it will show one gallery per multivalued field. So that means one gallery per row.
There is one important setting that you MUST set on in order for the formatter to work : "Use field template" under Style settings for your image field must be turned on.