Though Drupal 7.x has some built-in multilingual support, not everything is yet multilingual/translatable. This package tries to fill the gaps that still exist to build multilingual sites with Drupal. In the collection, each module addresses a specific functionality. The main features provided by these modules are the following:
- Multilingual variables. Select variables that will be made translatable.
- Translatable user defined strings: Menu items, taxonomy, fields and content type names and descriptions, etc...
- Language selection: Only content in the selected language is displayed for each page view.
- Fields: translate field names, descriptions and default values. It doesn't translate actual field values at all.
- Synchronization: Synchronize selected fields for content translations.
- Language can be set up for vocabularies or terms, or terms can be localized
- Both multilingual vocabularies with terms in multiple languages and single-language vocabularies can be created
- Translations can be defined between terms in different languages
- Taxonomy term synchronization can be defined per vocabulary for translations
- Taxonomy term translation can be done using localization for selected vocabularies