Posted by mradcliffe on April 22, 2011 at 2:16am
Official release from tag: 7.x-1.0
Last updated: April 22, 2011 - 02:16
CCK Select Other has made the transition from CCK to Fields in Drupal 7. The module functionally works the same as it did in Drupal 6, but there are many improvements such as:
- Support for any fieldable entity.
- Multiple value fields, multiple fields, and Field Conditional State support.
- Add a new list field and choose the "Select other list" widget within any fieldable entity such as a Content Type, Profile2 Type, User, Taxonomy, etc...
- Add the select list options within the field instance settings Select list options instead of adding them in the Allowed Values field settings.
- After saving, you may want to set a default value by going back into the field settings.
- #957342: Exposed View widget not showing as Selectbox
- #858704: Actual value and not label displays in views
- #793024: Option to Add Other Values entered into select list
- #898246: Compatibility with Content Taxonomy
- #1024654: Not working for profile2 entity and field_conditional_state
- #994740: not working with multiple values
- Uses list and list sub-type fields such as list_text and list_number.
- Form elements have changed around slightly because of CCK to Field API change.
- Bug fix: #986138: Fix for IE8 not Hiding the "Other" Field
- Bug fix: #1003906: PHP not being saved
- #1037584: Move Select Other module to Fields package in D7
- #898062: When field is required - Other value is not validated as empty if nothing typed
- Bug fix: #1074914: Allowed values cannot be removed per list module limitations (core)
- #1060332: Error when add more than 1 field
- Fixed AllowedValues test for Drupal 7 branch.
- Migration path with Content Migrate somewhat tested.