Production Release of Rooms.
A huge number of features supported - checkout our screencast here: https://vimeo.com/65820138
- Create rooms and assign availability (or on hold states) via a calendar.
- Manage pricing for rooms using calendars that allow to set pricing for entire seasons or just change it for specific dates.
- Define optional add-ons for rooms.
- Charge either per-night or per-person.
- Handle children discounts.
- Create bookings and keep customer records.
- Make rooms available for booking with a availability search functionality and/or calendar - handling both immediate bookings and bookings following owner confirmation.
- Search by Room Type.
- Full integration with Commerce to manage payments, a range of different payment gateways, and a host of other e-commerce features.
- Accept full or partial payments (deposits) using Commerce features.
Major release - we are now locking down features and are very close to production release. Barring any major or critical bugs showing up we will have a production release in 2 weeks! In the meantime we are working on user and developer documentation. Visit http://www.drupalrooms.com to keep updated.
1. Tighter integration between Rooms and Commerce. Creating a booking will now create the equivalent Order.
2. You can create a customer profile tied to Commerce from within a Booking making the process much faster.
3. Modal dialogs allow you to create bookings directly within the availability calendars.
4. Introduced pricing per person.
5. Introduced discount handling for children.
Bug fixes and new developer features:
1. More solid date handling.
2. More hooks to change the booking results.
3. CTools plugins to create your own availability filters.
Release Candidate 2 for Rooms introduces a number of bug fixes as well as a couple of improvements.
We introduce a more sophisticated group search that allows a user to define requirements per room, as well as distinguish between adults and children.
Support for room add-ons in code, this will be finalized by production release. Now you can choose use as single discount directly through the search page. Support for cot surcharge coming soon.
To many changes since last beta to enumerate here - check out the logs.
We are now stopping any new feature work and focusing on cleaning up the existing UI, fixing bugs before a production release in the next few weeks.
Updated tests and fixed "Select All" in bulk management screen.
Make sure all variables are set - this was causing problems with availability search (e.g. #1615408: Booking rooms from front-end fails).
Beta Release - Feature complete - we are now only doing bug fixes leading up to 1.0 Final
Several new features compared to Alpha.
1. Bulk availability and pricing management
2. Ability to attach descriptions to room types
3. Hook to modify pricing on the fly
Please test and report - we will be much more active in issue queues from now on.
Fixing a bug that crept in alpha3 which prevented popups in the availability admin screen.
Several bug fixes, improved permission handling and an availability search block.
Fixed a bug with price calculation when booking via admin interface - improved date handling in core functionality
With features for the 1.0 release set we will be focusing on bug fixes and theming improvements leading to a stable 1.0
Dev Release of Rooms - the main components are in place but testing and refining Commerce integration still need to be completed. Useful only for people that want to see what the general direction is on a test site or want to contribute