Some field types are more complex than others - in particular, they support a number of options controlling their behavior, or subfields providing additional data. These options or subfields can be mapped like regular fields - for example, to map the summary subfield of a text field:
Most fields support a 'language' subfield - this indicates the value of the field when requested for a given language. The default is LANGUAGE_NONE ('und') - the default value when a specific language is not requested.
Text fields (fields with machine names of 'text', 'text_long', or 'text_with_summary') have the following arguments:
- summary: A short version of the contents of the field (i.e., a "teaser" or "excerpt").
- format: The Drupal text format to apply when displaying the field (e.g., "filtered_html").
Term reference fields
Term references on Drupal 7 (fields with a machine name of 'taxonomy_term_reference') have the following arguments:
- source_type: If the argument value is 'tid', then the incoming value is assumed to be a valid term ID in the destination Drupal instance. Otherwise, it is assumed to be a term name.
- create_term: If this argument is TRUE (or any value not FALSE/0/etc.) and source_type is not 'tid', then if the name passed as the value here does not already exist in the destination vocabulary, it will be created.
- ignore_case: If this argument is TRUE, then case differences (uppercase vs. lowercase) between source data and existing term names will be ignored.
NOTE: this applies to the original file field implementation, used in Migrate versions up through 2.3 (and still used on Drupal 6). For Migrate 2.4 on Drupal 7 (or -dev or git pulls from 4/20/12 or later), see Handling files in Drupal 7.
- source_path: Path to source file. In the case of file_blob, the desired filename to write.
- file_function: file_fast, file_move, file_copy, file_link, file_fid, or file_blob.
- file_replace: Value of $replace in that file function. Does not apply to file_fast(). Defaults to FILE_EXISTS_RENAME.
- alt: String to be used as the alt value for all file fields.
- title: String to be used as the title value for all file fields.
- description: String to be used as the description value for all file fields.
- display: String to be used as the display value for all file fields.