- drupal 6.x
- view 6.x-2.x
- oauth 6.x-3.x
- twitter 6.x-3.x
- Activate modules:
- Twitter Post
- Site configuration
- Register your application at Twitter dev. Set the Callback URL: to what is shown in admin/settings/twitter -> Callback URL (normally http://yourdomain.com/twitter/oauth).
- Make sure the Access level is set to Read and Write, otherwise you will not be able to update your Twitter stream from Drupal.
- Twitter will generate two keys to be added in the Drupal site, a Consumer and a Consumer secret. Add the keys to admin/settings/twitter ->OAuth Settings
- Select the content type(s) for Drupal to post to Twitter. Go to admin/settings/twitter: open the tab ‘post’.
- Choose an user account and click add a twitter account. Make sure that ‘import’ is checked.
You should now be able to update your twitter stream by creating new article. Make sure to that "Announce this post on Twitter" is checked before saving.
If you have added an twitter account to Drupal and then added OAuth support you will need to remove and add your Twitter account again in Drupal. This is also the case if you changed Twitter Application access level since you need to confirm and re-authorize the new privacy settings.
Run cron and verify the user Twitter stream is getting imported into Drupal.
- Go to admin/reports/status and manually run cron.
- Go the selected user account and choose the tweets tab to verify the tweets were imported.