This is the first stable release candidate for Taxonomy Access Control in Drupal 7.
- This release candidate requires Drupal 7.8 or later.
- If you previously installed any version of Taxonomy Access Control earlier than 7.x-1.0-alpha1, you must run
update.phpwhen installing this release candidate.
- Be sure to clear your site and browser caches when updating from previous versions.
Changes since 6.x-1.3
- Several performance improvements.
- The Create permission has been renamed to Add tag.
- The List permission has been renamed to View tag.
- The Add tag permission for the vocabulary default now controls whether a role can automatically create new terms in that vocabulary in autocomplete (freetagging) fields.
- Term reference fields are automatically hidden if Add tag permissions do not allow the user to change the field value.
- Terms disallowed by the Add tag permission are disabled rather than hidden. See #1209154: Form UX: disabling vs. hiding disallowed terms for the reason this change was made as well as possible future improvements.
- The module's database tables and grant realm have been renamed.
- Administrative paths have changed.
For a complete changelog, see the git log.
All known bugs have been resolved. However, there is a Drupal core bug that may cause issues when a field with controlled terms is deleted from a content type:
#1065814: Vocabulary terms remain after removing field from content type