Hi Everyone!
So my test site needed to be upgraded from 7.4 to 7.8. I did the install like I normally do and in the file manager, I extracted the 7.8 into my publichtml/test. On the left side it shows that 7.8 went to the desired location. However, my test site, test.example.com still shows that that i still need to update and the core is now 7.0??? And the message still tells me that I need to download and install security update to 7.8. Which step did I miss or what else do I need to do?

Comments

devin carlson’s picture

Component: database update system » other
Priority: Major » Normal
Status: Needs review » Active
mdupont’s picture

Did you run update.php?

shyamala’s picture

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.

dreamleader’s picture

The message on my site is the following, "There is a security update available for your version of Drupal. To ensure the security of your server, you should update immediately! See the available updates page for more information and to install your missing updates." I downloaded Drupalcore 7.8 onto desktop. Uploaded 7.8 into the my FileManager of my server. Highlighted and Extracted it into public_html/test. This is where it needs to be. Back on my site, I hit refresh, and it shows that my site is running on 7.0 and the message "There is a security update..." is still there. I did run update.php and it tells me that there are no pending updates. Are these the steps you wanted me to give you so you can replicate the issue?

dreamleader’s picture

yes

dreamleader’s picture

Priority: Normal » Major
pmower’s picture

I have the same problem. I did a fresh install of drupal-7.8, including recreating the database. When I manually run cron, after finishing, I am still told that there is a security update for 7.0 and I need an update. After running update.php, I still get the exact same message.

Help?!

shyamala’s picture

cweagans’s picture

Priority: Major » Normal

Support requests are never major or critical.

dreamleader’s picture

Did not solve it exactly. But I had to wipe entire site clean. Then uploaded the new version of Drupal and redid all my work. Not following best practices, but next time I'll wait for a Drupal meet and will ask a pro there, for next upgrade of core. Until then, I will perform no more core upgrades myself...

dddave’s picture

Status: Active » Closed (fixed)

per #10