- Install and enable the Webcams module
- Visit admin/user/permissions to configure permissions for the Webcams module. Available permissions include:
- access webcams
- create webcams
- edit own webcams
- edit webcams
- Visit Site configuration -> Webcams and specify the maximum webcams available per node (1-4). Default is 4.
- Download, install and configure software that will capture an image using your Webcam, and set FTP upload parameters to your appropriate website folder (example: FWink)
- Create Content -> Webcam. The webcam creation page asks for
- a title for the webcam,
- a default image URL (This image is displayed while the webcam image is loading, and when an error occurs),
- the size (pixels) of the webcam image,
- an optional link visitors will go to if the webcam is clicked,
- delay (in seconds) to wait before refreshing the webcam image.
- timeout (The number of times the webcam is allowed to refresh before timing out, and no longer update itself. Set to 0 to disable timing out.)
- optional weight for each webcam (controls the order in which the webcams appear on the page.)
- A description/body text for the webcam page.