Welcome to the handbook section which covers the Node Profile package of modules.
- Node Profile
- This module builds user profiles as nodes. It lets you mark content-types as a nodeprofile. The nodeprofile module depends on the nodefamily module.
Apart from defining one content type as nodeprofile, it allows you
- to build nodeprofiles consisting of several content types,
- to build different nodeprofiles for different roles or
- to build multiple (different kind of) nodeprofiles for the same users.
- Node Family (required)
- The nodefamily module is used by the nodeprofile module. It lets you define relations between content types. That's nothing you have to care about for a simple nodeprofile. However it enables one to build nodeprofiles consisting of several different content types!
- Pageroute (optional)
- This is a flexible module that provides a userfriendly wizard for creating and editing several nodes. So it suits very well for providing a way for your users to fill out their nodeprofiles.
- Usernode (optional)
- This module tries to make users nodes. It cares for automatically creation and deletion of a node for each user, the so called usernode. That's useful if you want to use tools for nodes for users, e.g. for listing users with views. It's also often used for presenting the users nodeprofiles information to the public.
Note: This section is new, and people are welcome to add case-studies and comments to be incorporated into the pages.