|Issue tags:||Release blocker|
There have been several discussions regarding moving Drush Make into Drush core. This will be the issue to track progress towards that goal.
The primary reasons for this move are to
- Better support make, and keep it in sync with drush
- Take advantage of Drush's native caching of downloads and git references
The 2.x branch of Drush Make has been merged into
commands/make, in a new branch in Drush.
The next steps will be
- to apply the RTBC patches from the make project
- #1325438: Convert the make tests to use drush's PHPUnit framework
- #1267228: Drush Make should use Drush core's native download abilities concurrently