Please use the issue queue for support request : http://drupal.org/project/issues/andromeda_slideshow?status=All&categori.... Do not ask for help in the comments here.
Download and install the requirements
- Download the Andromeda theme (7.x-2.x) here.
- Download the Andromeda Slideshow module here, extract and put it under sites/all/modules.
- Download the Chaos Tool Suite and the Libraries API module, extract and place them under sites/all/modules.
- Download the Nivo Slider plugin here, extract it and place it under sites/all/libraries. If the libraries folder does not exist, create it.
- You should now have the sites/all/libraries/nivo-slider folder.
Enable required modules
- Go to the modules page on your site (http://example.com/admin/modules) or click modules in the toolbar.
- Install the following modules:
- Andromeda Slideshow.
- Andromeda Slideshow : Nivo Slider.
- Chaos Tool Suite or Ctools.
- Libraries API.
Create a slideshow
Once you've enable the above modules, the hard part is done. You are now ready to create your first slideshow.
Create a image style for the slideshow
- On your site, go to Configuration -> Media -> Image Styles
- Click on "Add style" to add a new image style. An image style is a type of image (width and height) to use for the slideshow.
- In Style name, enter the name of the image style. You can name it anything as long as its only lowercase alphanumeric characters, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). Example : front_page_slideshow_image. Click "Create new style".
- Next, find the effect dropdown (select) and choose "Scale and crop". Click "Add".
- The size of the image on the front page slideshow is 940 × 400 px. Enter these values as the width and the height respectively.
Create a Slideshow
- On your site, go to Structure -> Slideshows or http://example.com/admin/structure/slideshows.
- Click on "Create slideshow" to create your first slideshow
- Add a title for your slideshow. Example : Front Page Slideshow.
- Add a description (optional)
- Under image style, select the image style created above.
- For type, select "Nivo Slider".
Adding images to your slideshow
- The slideshows page (Structure -> Slideshows) will show all your slideshows. You can edit and delete slideshows here.
- To add images to your slideshow, click manage.
- Click "Add an image" to add images to your slideshow.
- You can add as many images and reorder them in any order you want them to appear in your slideshow.
Displaying the slideshow on the Front page
- Go to Appearance from the Toolbar or http://example.com/appearance.
- Enable and set the Andromeda theme as your default theme.
- Go to Structure -> Blocks
- You should now see a block "Slideshow : Your slideshow name" created above in the list.
- Drag and drop it in the slideshow section.
- That's it. You should now have your slideshow on your front page.
You can create as many slideshows as you want, add as many images as your want. Each slideshow will have its own block. You can place it anywhere on your site.
- Some users have reported a permission error on Linux. If you have the nivo-slider under sites/all/libraries and still see an error message, make sure you have read permission for the nivo-slider folder