This section contains documentation about the Finder module version 6.x-1.x.
Here is an overview of modules in the Finder package.
- Finder - An API and UI module for creating and managing finders. All the modules below act as plugins to Finder.
- Finder Node - A basic tool for finding nodes.
- Finder Users - A basic tool for finding users.
- Finder Views - A bridge to pulling results from Views. Anything that can be displayed in a view can be found with this plugin.
- Finder Autocomplete - Provides an autocomplete textfield.
- Finder Option Widgets - Provides select lists, checkboxes, and radio buttons.
- Finder Text - Provides a plain textfield and textarea.
- Finder Search - Provides a fallback to get results from the search module when Finder results are empty.
- Finder String Translation - Allows admins to localize user-defined values in Finder settings.
Here are some modules that utilise Finder's functionality.
- Finder Wizard - Splits Finder elements onto seperate screens and filters each step by choices made on previous steps.
- Computed Field - This module is a great shortcut for allowing finder to work with cases where the field you want to search for has unformatted machine readable output by default, or for combining fields together into one searchable value. You can create a computed field to store the desired value for the node (upon saving the node), and then configure finder to use the computed field, rather than the original field/s.
- Auto Node Title (ANT) - This module takes CCK (D6) or Core (D7) fields and generates the node's or entity's title automatically from the values of those fields. Essentially, it's a computed field for the node title and can include any field's info in the title without the user having to manually key the title. Then you can use finder on the node's title.