Below represents the documentation for the Engaging Networks e-activist Integration Drupal Module. Please see the Engaging Networks site for more information on their advocacy and non profit software products.
Step 1: Installing the Engaging Networks e-activist Integration module on your Drupal site
- Download the module and install per the usual process.
- Go to Administer > Site Configuration > e-activist Settings.
- Ensure the site is set to submit in demo mode and that the API URL is set to: http://e-activist.com/ea-actions/action
Step 2: Create Advocacy Campaigns in Engaging Networks
- Login to engaging networks and create live action campaigns. The creation of campaigns includes establishing form fields, form content, message content, targets and confirmation content.
Step 3: Configuring the Automated Campaign Importer
- Go to Create Content > e-activist Campaign Feed (node/add/activist-campaign-feed)
- Give your campaign importer a title
- Scroll to the URL field and enter the following URL: http://e-activist.com/ea-dataservice/data.service?service=EaCampaignInfo&token=[your token]
- Verify the Xpath Syntax
- Click Save to create the campaign importer. This will automatically import the individual action campaigns from Engaging Networks and create e-activist Action nodes in Drupal. Future imports will happen nightly or can be kicked off manually at http://[site url]/import
- When the e-activist Action nodes are created, the system will automatically generate the appropriate webform fields based on the configuration of the action in Engaging Networks.
Optional: Manually creating an E-activist Action
- Go to Create Content > e-activist Action (node/add/activist-action)
- Give your action a title
- Enter your Engaging Networks Client ID in the client ID field
- Enter your action campaign’s Engaging Networks Campaign ID in the Campaign ID field
- Click save and the action will be automatically created.