- The Testing profile can be used already.
#1366232: drupalCreateUser() breaks if testing site/profile does not install Comment module was one of the main blockers.
- It significantly speeds up test runs.
- It should be used by default.
- Some/many tests may still need to use Standard profile. They can.
We are not blocked on #913086: Allow modules to provide default configuration for running tests - obviously, we want all tests to run isolated and with explicitly enabled functionality, but until that is possible, it's perfectly fine to use the Standard profile. We can fix and convert those later.
- Other Testing system issues I'm working on will speed up the Testing profile even further.
#1375134: Random test failure in TaxonomyTermTestCase::testNodeTermCreationAndDeletion() #1375452: Renaming a content type bundle causes notices on manage fields page (test improvements) #1373360: Fatal error if optional Block module is not enabled #1376164: Format SimpleTestFunctionalTest description according to standards #1376166: Custom logo and favicon functionality inanely tries to support absolute local file paths
- #1213536: Non-resettable theme_get_registry() cache causes problems for non-interactive installations
- #1376122: Tests are executed in incomplete environment (was: Stream wrappers not registered when calling file_unmanaged_*())
- #312458: HTML filter is not run first by default, despite default weight
Bugs related to usage of testing profile:
#1181776: Change theme_default variable to Stark #1373634: Installation profile is not installed and not registered as module, unless identical to parent site #375397: Make Node module optional - Submitting the site information form with Testing profile yields error: "The path 'node' is either invalid or you do not have access to it."
- #1373312: Assign system_main block to 'content' region and help block to 'help' region by default (followup) - Submitting the block overview form with Testing profile yields error: "Region for Main page content block field is required."
- #1376150: Shortcut module installation fails in tests when installed later (due to menu system not saving menu links correctly)
»»» Action plan «««
Fix most of the above listed dependencies. Create a patch that makes tests use the Testing profile by default, and adjusts/fixes tests accordingly.
Only change tests if required. Goal: 0 failures. Almost done!
Commit #375397: Make Node module optional
Most tests throughout core implicitly depend on Node module. Thus, test failures will bump back to 6,000 or more. ;)
Temporarily add the following to
dependencies = node
- Commit this patch as a first milestone.
- Consider to backport this patch to D7 to also improve performance for D7 patches.
For BC, hack DrupalWebTestCase to only use the Testing profile for Drupal core tests by default. Thus, contrib and custom modules are not affected.
- Separate issue: #1541298: Remove Node module dependency from Testing profile, and fix the giant mess that this will cause.
- Separate issues: Make not really required modules not required: Filter, Text, Field, Entity. Define proper dependencies instead.
- Cut the total time of running the complete test suite once more in half via #1411074: Setup test environment only once per test class; introduce setUpBeforeClass() and tearDownAfterClass() [PHPUnit]
- Figure out a clean way for modules to provide a "default dummy configuration for testing": #913086: Allow modules to provide default configuration for running tests