Add mikeytown2's hard work in the dev branch
- Support for Panel Panes
- Support for ESI (varnish), SSI (nginx), AJAX (browsers).
- AJAX can be used as a fallback if ESI doesn't work; AJAX can also be loaded from a CDN; if you don't have varnish or nginx, you can just use AJAX.
- Caching the HTML fragments in the cache_page drupal cache for faster delivery.
- Setting the TTL of the HTML fragment
- Global and per pane/block settings
- Setting the scope of the cache
- Disabled - Do not use ESI.
- Not Cached - Use ESI, but never cache the content.
- Global - Content is same on every page.
- Page - Content changes based on the URL.
- User Role - Content changes based on the user role.
- User Role/Page - Content changes based on the user role as well as the URL.
- User ID - Content changes based on the UID; otherwise it is the same as global.
- User ID/Page - Content changes based on the UID and based on the URL.
The follow issues from 1.x have been fixed:
#977790: Compatibility with context module
#1054954: Page specific visibility for core blocks
#985198: Add panel support to ESI
#1204172: Role cookie lifetime needs to be longer or equal to session cookie lifetime
#1326104: Add ajax option and configurable defaults
#1059036: ESI blocks don't appear when they are added to regions using context.
#1054816: Cookie use path from current page, but should the root path.
#929104: ESI performance does not seem appropriate. Is this configuration? Anybody else do benchmarks?