Last updated January 11, 2012. Created by rsbecker on January 11, 2012.
Log in to edit this page.
- Create a user with the same name as the group, i.e. Group1 is the user associated with the Group1 group and mailing list.
- The user’s email address will be email@example.com.
- Create a mailbox on your mail server for Group1.
- Make the user a group member with permission to post to the list, but give it no other role (all active users have the role Authorized User, but disregard that).
- Give the user a password that is not terribly important because it will be visible on forms (not encrypted) in Mailhandler.
- Save the user record.
- If this group will be moderated; if messages posted to the group must be approved for publication; create another user called Group1.moderator, i.e. group1.moderator.
- Give it the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the same steps to complete setup of this user and save the record.
- Create a mailbox on the mail server for this user.
- This user does not need to be a member of the group if the moderator will go to the website to publish nodes. If the moderator will publish nodes via email, placing the necessary mailhandler commands at the top of an email message, i.e. status: 1, the moderator must be a group member.