It is time to test your setup.
You need to follow a few simple rules here to ensure that everything works properly.
- If you set the feed importers to require authentication only members of the group can post to it and comment on existing posts.
- Mailhandler requires that the user associated with the mailbox to which messages are sent be a member, i.e., Listmaster and Group1.
- To prevent message looping — messages getting stuck and repeatedly resending, especially when lists are moderated, you need to block the subscriptions of Listmaster and the user associated with the group mailbox.
Will it work?
- Add yourself to the group — that means you must be a member of the organic group, not merely that you have subscribed to the list.
- Send an email to its mailbox, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to example.com/import, where you should see a list of the feed importers you created, including Listmaster and Group1.
- Click on Group1 and make sure email@example.com appears in the dropdown list, then click Import.
- If you checked the Immediate sending on the Notifications main settings page, check your inbox for the post created from your email. If you did not do this you will have to wait until your site's the next cron cycle or the interval you set for the default subscription.
- After the message arrives, click Reply to sender.
- The Reply-to address should be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your reply.
- Go to example.com/import/listmaster and make sure email@example.com appears in the dropdown list.
- Click import and then check to see if you receive an email from the mailing list with your comment.
- Go to the Content list to see the node that was created and the comment attached to it.
If your tests worked properly, congratulations. Now you can add other site users to the group so they can use the mailing list.
If you do not receive an email after sending the first message go to Manage Subscriptions>Administer and make sure subscriptions were created for Listmaster, Group1 and you, and that your subscription is not blocked or deactivated.
If the Reply-to address was not set to firstname.lastname@example.org, reread the pages on setting up the Messaging module and the feed importers. Make sure you patched the Messaging module correctly.