The older versions of Localizer are no longer available online. If you still need them, try contacting the developer at http://speedtech.it/contact/ . However, if you are just trying to use Localizer with Drupal 5, simply use the latest version available. Please note that Localizer will not be updated for Drupal 6 and beyond.
Localizer Short HowTo
This document may get expanded in the future to look more like the other HOWTO documents, but here is a short version that I hope will help people out a bit.
Upgrade instructions (Upgrade from older versions of Localizer to Localizer 1.9 on Drupal 5.1, or, from pre-1.9 versions to Localizer 1.10 on Drupal 5.2)
- Download the latest Localizer module from http://drupal.org/project/localizer.
- Download the flags icons from http://www.speedtech.it/drupal-content-localization (actual link should be http://www.speedtech.it/files/localizer-flags.tgz.)
- Download pre-patched core files from http://www.speedtech.it/drupal-content-localization (link for Localizer 1.9 on Drupal 5.1 is , and for Localizer 1.10 on Drupal 5.2 it is .)
- Login to your site as administrator and under Administer > Site building > modules, disable all the Localizer-related modules
- Delete the old module/localizer directory (could be sites/all/modules/localizer)
- Return the Drupal 5.1 (or 5.2) modules that you previously patched for Localizer versions prior to 1.9 to their original state. (In other words, download Drupal 5.1 [or 5.2] and extract the the following files from the tarball: block.module, menu.module, taxonomy.module, bootstrap.inc, and common.inc. Upload these to your site, overwriting the existing modules.)
- For Localizer 1.9 (1.10), extract the localizer-5.x-1.9.tgz (localizer-5.x-1.10.tgz) archive under sites/all/modules (create the modules directory if needed) This will create sites/all/modules/localizer that contains the Localizer-related module code.
- Extract localizer-flags.tgz under sites/all/modules/localizer. This will create sites/all/modules/localizer/flags with the flag files in it.
- The way the patch archives were built for Localizer 1.9 and 1.10 are different. For Localizer 1.10, extract localizer-sites-all-5.2-1.10.tgz under sites/all/modules/localizer. For Localizer 1.9, extract localizer-sites-all-5.1-1.9.tgz under sites/all (it already has the modules and localizer directory, so the contents will go into sites/all/modules/localizer.
- To the end of your sites/default/settings.php file, append the following code (making sure that the path is correct for your site) and save (overwrite the file):
$conf = array(
'cache_inc' => 'sites/all/modules/localizer/system/includes/cache.inc',
- Login to your site as administrator (UID=1)
- Under Administer > Site building > modules, enable all the Localizer-related modules you need. Click Save configuration.
- Visit http://www.example.com/update.php and run the update script.
- Under Administer > Site configuration > Localizer, configure options as appropriate.