Last updated May 11, 2012.
Here is a list of tasks that people have thought up that would be good for new contributors, but that haven't yet been added to this section.
If you have time to write up the steps for one of these tasks, verify the task hasn't been added yet (it could be in a different section that you expect!), and then follow the instructions on http://drupal.org/node/1424502. After writing up (or locating) the task, remove it from this list.
Also check out the 30 minutes for Drupal page for more ideas.
If you have ideas, edit this page and add them. Thanks!!!
- Report a bug you have found in Drupal core, or a contributed module or theme.
- Somewhat related, but probably a separate task: Report bad user interface text and suggest better text. Idea would be rewriting core or contrib UI strings for clarity and brevity. Especially overly wordy descriptions. Background information: http://groups.drupal.org/node/165659 and http://drupal.org/node/604342 ; follow-up: join http://groups.drupal.org/usability (and see links at the top there)
- Review a patch to identify UI/API changes (programmer)
- Improve the coding or documentation style in a patch (anyone can do this armed with basic patching skills, a halfway decent editor and/or dreditor, coder module, and 1354)
- Provide support in IRC (similar to http://drupal.org/node/1571438 but IRC not forums)
- Follow the needs screenshots tag and add screenshots where requested (and remove the tag where unneccessary)