Install the module
Drupal 4.7.x, 5.x-1.0.x & 5.x-1.1
The Drupal 4.7 version of the lightbox2 module, along with 5.x-1.0.x & 5.x-1.1, use Scriptaculous and Prototype libraries. Due to variation in licensing, you will need to download these libraries separately. For 4.7.x, please download the latest versions of the libraries from http://script.aculo.us/download. For 5.x-1.0.x & 5.x-1.1, please visit: http://www.stellapowerdesign.net/scriptaculous-drupal.zip. See the README.txt file for more details. No new features will be added to these versions and support for these versions will be dropped in the coming months. It is recommended that you upgrade to version 5.x-2.0 or later.
- Download the Scriptaculous/Prototype libraries using the appropriate link as mentioned above.
- Copy the files located in the 'lib' and 'src' directories of this download into the 'lightbox/js/' directory of the Lightbox2 module. You should copy just the contents listed below into the lightbox2/js/ directory, no subdirectories should be created within this folder.
The required files are:
Drupal 5.x-2.0 & later
Lightbox2 5.x-2.0 and later versions now all use the jQuery library instead of the Scriptaculous and Prototype libraries, so there is no need to download and install a separate third party package. The 5.x versions have a dependency on the jQuery Update module since the version of jQuery included in Drupal core is not that recent.
There is no such dependency for the 6.x versions.
Enable the module
- Go to Administer » Site Building » Modules
- Click Save configuration at the bottom of this form.
- Configure the module at Administer » Site Configuration » Lightbox2