Posted by heyrocker on March 2, 2012 at 7:10pm
- We have implemented a shiny new configuration system, and its first core implementations are the system performance settings and image styles. Unfortunately we did not create a D7 upgrade path for image styles to the new system.
- Sites upgrading from D7 will have their image styles automatically moved to the new configuration system.
- Install default config
- If default image styles have been overridden, then mirror those changes in the new system.
- Migrate any image styles defined in the database through the UI
- Implement the above.
- I don't think we should take on the task of migrating image styles defined in hook_default_image_styles(). It's going to be next to impossible to guarantee since we would need those modules to be enabled, and I think it is up to those module owners to manage their own upgrades.