Commerce Email Documentation
This is the documentation page for the Commerce Email module.
The 2.x version is still not completely stable, but it should work if you have:
Please make sure you have those modules in their required versions and it should work...
(derived from http://drupal.org/node/1433822#comment-5579468 )
Basic installation and usage guide
- Download the latest 7.x-2.x version of Commerce Email
- Download the latest variable-7.x-1.x-dev
- Download rules, variable_email, entity, htmlmail, mailsystem, token
- Enable commerce_email
- Go to
admin/commerce/config/emailand configure your emails (it has Token support, so enable Token)
- Ensure the default email Rules are disabled so you don't send out emails twice (these are
(So you won't run into #1451680: Notice: Undefined index: module en variable_type_include())
The templating process
2.x uses HtmlMail to handle the theming part, so you'll have to create a template for HtmlMail.
With Commerce Email, it seems like the workflow looks like this :
- Commerce Email declares a new token that contains the themed order content information,
- Commerce Email uses Variable Email and Rules to send the email
- The Mail System module is used to define the mail processor (HtmlMail) to be used for Variable Email.
So at the end : when an order is completed for instance, Rules triggers the "Send a Variable Email" action, which has the order content token, and the email text in a variable (set in
admin/commerce/config/email) - Since Variable Email is set to use HtmlMail mail processor, it themes the email with the default theme provided by HtmlMail.
If you want to create a specific template for your email, you'll have to do something like this :
- Create a template email in your theme used for your email (See
admin/config/system/htmlmail) with the following template name :
htmlmail--variable_email--EMAIL_KEY.tpl.php where EMAIL_KEY is the variable name used (try
htmlmail--variable_email--commerce_email_order.tpl.php for the default one).
For more help on the template name suggestion system of HtmlMail, go to
admin/config/system/htmlmail and check "debug" checkbox, send an email and you'll see what should be your EMAIL_KEY.