Posted by Mindewen on March 14, 2012 at 11:53pm
Questions I ran into:
- What does "Featured Image" mean when editing media?
- Why is there the "Media Nivo Slider" option on galleries? What is its purpose? Changing its settings on a gallery doesn't seem to actually do anything.
- What are the effects of the options for "Group roles and permissions" on group nodes? What is the default and what are the overrides?
- I know this is a third-party module, but it might be helpful when editing media to know what the difference is between the Description and the Nivo Slider Caption.
- When viewing an image in a gallery with the title and description turned on in the lightbox:
- The lightbox seems to default to a fixed width of 1120px for horizontal pics and 583px for vertical pics (for the pics I uploaded anyway). This means horizontal scrolling for narrower browser widths.
- Giving a link for an image in a gallery doesn't seem to do anything except add a line with the text of the URL below the description and caption.
- In general there are a ton of confusing options when editing the media.
- When looking at "Recent content" for a group the gallery preview image, while cool-looking, spans the whole width of the page, which is ginormous and makes the image look rather grainy/artifacty. Maybe have a maximum width for it?
To adjust the home page slideshow settings:
- Hover over the slideshow and click on the gear icon that appears in the top right corner.
- Click "Manage slideshow"
- Under the "Media Nivo Slider" vertical tab you should be able to change your slideshow preferences.