- Extract the reCAPTCHA module to your local favorite modules directory ([drupal_root]/sites/all/modules)
- Enable both the reCAPTCHA and CAPTCHA modules in admin/build/modules.
- You'll now find a reCAPTCHA tab in the CAPTCHA administration page available at
- Register for a public and private reCAPTCHA key
- Input the keys into the reCAPTCHA settings. The rest of the settings should be fine as their defaults
- Visit the Captcha administration page (admin/user/captcha) and set where you want the reCAPTCHA form to be presented
Mailhide Input Format
The reCAPTCHA module also comes with an input format to protect email addresses. This, of course, is optional to use and is only there if you want it. For a demonstration of how it works, please see the official website. The following is how you use that input filter:
- Enable the reCAPTCHA Mailhide module at admin/build/modules.
- Head over to your input format settings (admin/settings/filters)
- Edit your default input format and add the reCAPTCHA Mailhide filter
- Click on the Configure tab and put in your public and private Mailhide keys
- Use the Rearrange tab to change the weight of the filter depending on what filters already exist