- Install Mothership in your sites/all/themes folder
- Copy the mothership/NEWTHEME
- Rename the NEWTHEME folder. In this example, we'll call it "blackpearl". Also change the name of the .info.example file (remove the .example part and change the name to i.e. blackpearl.info) and its descriptive name found in the .info file, name = The Black Pearl
- Optional: open the template.php file and search/replace all the theme functions i.e. replace 'NEWTHEME' with 'blackpearl.
- Now you're ready to enable the theme. Go to the Appearance page /admin/appearance/list, enable your sub theme, and set as default.
Note: The base Mothership theme does not have to be activated
folder to either sites/all/themes/NEWTHEME/ or, if it's a multi-site setup, the site folder sites/[sitename]/themes/NEWTHEME
For information on using Drush, see Create a sub theme using Drush.
Using another theme
If you have an existing theme, you can make use of the mothership cleanups by adding it as the base theme in your themename.info file. Line 7 in the image.