- DrupalWebTestCase::setUp() performs a range of different operations, which cannot be invoked individually.
- Allow tests to prepare individual parts of the testing environment.
- #630446: Allow SimpleTest to test the non-interactive installer
- #1215104: Use the non-interactive installer in WebTestBase::setUp()
- #1364798: Impossible to generate meaningful diffs of upgrade db dumps
- #1536262: Entering a site name when installing Drupal 8 has no effect until caches are cleared (current/recently introduced major bug)
Attached patch is extracted from #1364798: Impossible to generate meaningful diffs of upgrade db dumps, which I had to duplicate to a large extent for some other patches already, so pretty much proven to be the right way forward.