For details, see the changelog below. High-level changes:
- new: Automatically distribute certain filetypes over multiple CDNs (with unit tests) — makes the parallel_css module obsolete
- new: Cache Audit support
- fix: Create different CSS aggregation files for HTTP and HTTPS
- fix: UFI mapping not correctly applied (now with unit tests)
- UX: Warn users that CSS aggregation should be enabled
- UX: Warn users when using Far Future expiration with a static file server or same-server-subdomains
If you're using Origin Pull and the Far Future expiration option and you're still on version 2.2, upgrade ASAP: SA-CONTRIB-2012-022 - CDN - Information disclosure!
You have to rebuild your menus (only if you're upgrading from version 2.2), so that the new Far Future URLs actually work, plus you have to clear the CSS cache (even if you're already on version 2.3) so that the file URLs in the CSS files (usually to images, but also fonts, for example) are updated to use correct Far Future URLs.
You can do that:
- with Drush:
drush cc menu && drush cc css+js.
- just through Drupal's UI: submitting the modules page and clicking "Clear Cached data" at admin/settings/performance in D6
Changes since 6.x-2.4:
- #1535426: Warn users when using Far Future expiration with a static file server or same-server-subdomains
- Ignore empty lines in the CDN mapping.
- #1471672: Fix Coder Review style errors.
- Major update to the README.
- #1470256: Cache Audit support
- Fixed #1515392 by divThis and Wim Leers: UFI mapping not correctly applied
- #1466102: follow-up bugfix
- Follow-up patch for #1452092: forgot to add docs
- #1513554: Warn users that CSS aggregation should be enabled
- #1519876: Implement CDN-specific admin permission
- #1212184: Create different CSS aggregation files for HTTP and HTTPS
- #1484516: Better explanation in README of when cdn_pick_server() function fires
- #1452092: Automatically distribute certain filetypes over multiple CDNs
- Document how to use different CDNs based on the domain name of an i18n site.