- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-073
- Project: Glossary (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-May-09
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The glossary module scans posts for glossary terms, adding an indicator. By hovering over the indicator, users may learn the definition of that term.
The module does not sufficiently sanitize the taxonomy information. This leaves sites vulnerable to Cross-Site Scripting attacks.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with permissions to create or edit taxonomy terms.
- Glossary 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.8.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Glossary module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Glossary module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Glossary 6.x-1.8.
Also see the Glossary project page.
- Dylan Wilder-Tack of the Drupal Security Team
- Forest Monsen of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.