Posted by nod_ on May 12, 2012 at 10:51pm
tableheader has several problems:
- complicated computation during the onscroll event
- hard to extend for contrib
- messy HTML
What I'd like to see is:
- No computation during scroll, listen to a custom event for updating the offset value
- initialize tableheader on first scroll, not on page load.
- Offload all offset computation to the modules adding the elements, (toolbar)
- use data- attributes to store and get offsets
- Only initialize tableheader for table longer than half screen space available (or something), tableheader is not useful for small tables (like the attached files table in issues…)
- (bonus) try to get rid of the extra table by playing with the original
With that we should be able to remove to reduce tableheader footprint quite a lot.