This book is divided into separate parts:
- Part A covers basic concepts and skills you need to have when using Drupal. Each chapter in part A ends with a number of exercises or tasks you can use to put the concepts into practice.
- Part B covers some of the more challenging aspects of the functionality provided by Drupal. It also covers the Views module – an important step in understanding and leveraging the power of Drupal. The chapters in part B end with more extensive exercises, requiring more time than the tasks in part A.
- Part C is a sequel you should use when you are comfortable with the concepts in part B. Three new modules are presented, each of them an important key when building Drupal sites. The point of part C is more of a reference and less of a narrative, but examples of how to use the modules are provided in separate boxes and in the exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Appendix 1 covers how to install Drupal, modules and themes. It also presents an approach for how to version control your configuration in Drupal.
- Appendix 2 covers how to use Drupal in languages other than English.
TIP: Throughout this book there are comments written in boxes like this. They contain some more advanced tips that you may appreciate the second or third time you read a section – you could safely skip them on your first read.