Are you creating a country portal or a site dedicated to a specific country?
The Register Country module is designed to intercept new registrations and check if the IP address being used is registered to a country that the site administrator has chosen. In this way, you may limit sign ups to your site to specific countries.
Normal module installation applies, however, there are some preparatory steps.
Before Enabling This Module
- You must install and enable the Ip2cc module first.
- Follow the instructions for the Error Page below.
- Now you can enable the Register Country module.
Note: Ip2cc installs a VERY large database table (30+ MB); it will take a little while. Wait for it.
Note: As a convenience, the messages include a link to take you straight to the settings page.
- Enter the node number for the error page.
- Select as many countries as you need to which to limit your registration.
- Click the "Update" button.
Your site should now reject registration attempts from any countries not in your list.
I've included a sample error page for registration denial. It should require minimal customization.
- Use "Create content" to create a page.
- Set the title to something like "Registration Denied".
- Copy and paste the sample page into the Body.
- Make any changes you would like (especially to the country name to which you are restricting access).
- Make sure comments are disabled and the page is "published" and not "promote to front page."
- If you have the path module enabled, you might want to set a URL alias.
- "Submit" the page and take note of the node number; you'll need it for the settings page.
Problems or Questions?
Please post support or feature requests, or bug reports on the project page, not in the general forums.