- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-087
- Project: Comment Moderation (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-May-30
- Security risk: Less Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Request Forgery
This module enables you to moderate comments in an accelerated way, by providing a complete interface and all useful actions in a unique page.
The module doesn't sufficiently protect the publish link URL, thus a Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attack against an administrator could result in unintended publishing of comments.
- Comment Moderation 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Comment Moderation module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Comment Moderation module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Comment Moderation 6.x-1.1
Also see the Comment Moderation project page.
- David Stosik, one of the module maintainers
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.