- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-091
- Project: Tokenauth (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-June-06
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The Token Authentication module provides a token for use in the URL to authenticate users to a site.
Under certain uncommon situations, the module may not revert a user's session properly. Depending on how tokenauth is used, this could result in subsequent requests being performed as a user with additional privileges when they shouldn't.
- Tokenauth 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.7.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Token Authentication module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Tokenauth module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Tokenauth 6.x-1.7
Also see the Tokenauth project page.
- John Morahan of the Drupal Security Team
- Adam Ross the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.