- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-093
- Project: Node Embed (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-June-06
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Node Embed gives content editors an interface for selecting and embedding nodes using a WYSIWYG editor. The interface for selecting nodes is a page that had no access check, allowing users to view node titles they might not have access to. This issue only affects your site if you have unpublished nodes or use a node access module to restrict content access from some users.
- Node Embed 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.5.
- Node Embed 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Node Embed module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Node Embed module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Node Embed 6.x-1.5
- If you use the Node Embed module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Node Embed 7.x-1.0
Also see the Node Embed project page.
- Scott Reynen the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.