- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-094
- Project: Maestro (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-June-06
- Security risk: Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery
The Maestro module is a workflow engine/solution that facilitates simple and complex business process automation.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user-supplied data in its admin screens leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability. A Cross Site Request Forgery vulnerability in the control of the module could allow a user to change workflows including injecting malicious scripts to exploit the XSS.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the maestro admin permissions or use CSRF against a user with that permission.
- maestro 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Maestro module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the maestro module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Maestro 7.x-1.2
Also see the Maestro project page.
- Blaine Lang module maintainer
- Randy Kolenko module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.