- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-095
- Project: Simplenews (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-June-06
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Information Disclosure
Simplenews publishes and sends newsletters. When subscribing to a Simplenews mailing list, confirmation may be required, and Simplenews may disclose the user's e-mail address on the confirmation page. Further, due to the absence of a
noindex tag, the list of e-mail addresses can subsequently be indexed by search engines.
- Simplenews 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.4
- Simplenews 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.0-alpha4
- Simplenews 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.0-rc1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Simplenews module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Simplenews module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Simplenews 6.x-1.4 or Simplenews 6.x-2.0-alpha4
- If you use the Simplenews module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Simplenews 7.x-1.0-rc1
Also see the Simplenews project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.